Followers

Saturday 31 May 2014

Fizzy Moon in Distress!

Morning to you all......

It's my big brothers Birthday today so just in case you are reading this.......Happy Birthday Craig!  Hope you have a great day.

I have had some Distress Ink pens now for about a year and never had a lot of chance to try them out....the couple of times I did I wasn't too happy with the result as I couldn't get the ink lines to disappear from the coloured image.
I wanted to use the direct to paper technique as this is the way that I colour using my Polychromos but as all these pens/pencils you have to find what works for you.   After a couple of practices with different watercolour paper I have found that I can get a good result using Bockingford Watercolour paper 140lb (300gsm)......I used Daler-Rowney for this image.........



I have made a chart with all the colours as I also read that this would be helpful whilst getting to know the range of colours.  The brushed corduroy threw me completely though as it is very green and not what I was expecting.  I have since found out that there are a couple of the colours that are better in the actual ink pad....brushed corduroy and tea dye being the main two.

I loved colouring Fizzy Moon in and actually very quick in comparison to the pencils.  I think you will be seeing a lot more images coloured with these pens!

The paper on the card is MME
Simple Banner Die - Memory Box

Thanks for popping over today.  
Hope you have a good day whatever you get up to.....I am off to collect new glasses and then visit Mum and Dad and get my hair cut and highlighted :)

Catch you all soon.
Hugs Sally xxx

6 comments:

  1. Oh what an adorable bear and such a fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, love the cute bear which is perfectly coloured and a great layout too. Your Brother will love this card. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really gorgeous card, Sally! Lovely design and colours and I am sooooo jealous of your colouring skills!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Sally. The image is adorable and the papers are gorgeous.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Sally...fabulous colouring on your adorable Bear and love the papers and card design..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well he looks fab!! I struggle sometimes with certain shades to get my ink lines in copics to dissapear!! as for doing it with promarkers I could never get them to either so I gave up and stuck with copics! lol You have done a great job and I love the papers you have used too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them all.
Hugs Sally xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...